Amsterdam is a city renowned for its party-loving nature, with a cluster of music, art, drama and music festivals throughout the year. And September 2014 sees a new kid on the festival block, with the advent of Pop Up Week Amsterdam.
Category: Things To Do
August 21, 2014
Arguably the prettiest town in Holland, with its tranquil canals lined with linden trees and backed by gabled cottages, Delft make the ideal day trip from Amsterdam. Visiting Delft from Amsterdam takes around an hour by train.
August 14, 2014
Amsterdam may be a compact city but it certainly packs a punch with sightseers. Here are my suggestions for ten ways to make the most of your time in Amsterdam.
August 8, 2014
Amsterdam’s favorite city park stretches over 47 hectares and is the site of several restaurants and cafés as well as an open-air theater and plenty of manicured green space, pathways that are largely the preserve of cyclists and inline-skaters, and nature reserves where birds breed safely away from the public eye. And now Amsterdam is celebrating the 150-year anniversary of the founding of the park with the opening of Tulip Island in the Vondelpark.
August 7, 2014
With Amsterdam being one of the flattest capital cities in Europe, it is small wonder that its residents have taken to cycling with such a vengeance. Indeed there are supposedly 600,000 cycles in the city of 780,000 people, with an estimated 100,000 being stolen and 25,000 ending up in the canals each year. There are more than 180 cycling routes in Amsterdam that allow sightseers to see the attractions of the city.
July 31, 2014
The Holland of windmills, clogs, cheese, and tulips is alive and well, and within easy reach of Amsterdam. Take a trip back in time to enjoy visiting Traditional Holland from Amsterdam.
July 17, 2014
By the mid 17th century, Amsterdam was a victim of its own success; a hugely wealthy city that had grown rich on overseas trade; immigrants pored in from all over the Dutch empire and it became imperative to expand the city outwards to help halt disease and overcrowding. The making of Amsterdam’s Canal Ring shaped the city that we see today.
July 10, 2014
Following a two year major renovation and expansion, the Mauritshuis has re-opened its doors in The Hague. Home to one of the best collections of Dutch and Flemish paintings in the world, ‘the jewel box’ as it is often called, is living up to its nickname. The classical, old space is back with a modern flair, and one of the best things about it is that you don’t have to be a hardcore art enthusiast to appreciate it. Even casual visitors will find it easy to feel comfortable and enjoy.
June 19, 2014
Considering the exquisite elegance of the row houses along the banks, especially at sunset, there’s ample reason to disembark on Amsterdam Canals Cruise with Dinner Cooked On Board.
June 16, 2014
Visitors seeking to tap into the pedal-driven flow of Amsterdam need to saddle up at least once.
- The Insider’s Guide to Amsterdam May 10, 2012
- Everything You Want to Know About Amsterdam Coffeeshops August 1, 2013
- Amsterdam by Bike April 8, 2011
- Spring Trip to Keukenhof Gardens February 27, 2011
- Top 5 Places to Stay in Amsterdam February 16, 2012
- Pop Up Week Amsterdam September 4, 2014
- Visiting Delft from Amsterdam August 21, 2014
- Ten Ways to Make the Most of Your Time in Amsterdam August 14, 2014
- Tulip Island in the Vondelpark, Amsterdam August 8, 2014
- Cycling Routes in Amsterdam August 7, 2014
- Sasha Heseltine: Thanks - great place isn't it?...
- Brendan Walsh: Ms Heseltine, you make me want to so go back again...
- Verlie Goodenberger: what's up! I just want to give a huge thumbs up fo...
- Amish Shed: Appreciate it for this post, I am a big big fan of...
- Shahbaz Ahmed: Nice goooooooooooood...
Amsterdam Things to Do Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.