The Netherlands is one of the most picturesque spots in the entire world. When you leave the city on a day trip, you might start to wonder if you’re living in a postcard. Of course, there are the trips to the Keukenhof Gardens, where you’ll see millions of tulips and other flowers. In addition to its fantastic flora, Amsterdam is famous for its fauna, or at least its cheese, which comes from its fauna. Can you call a cow fauna? I don’t know, but if you book a tour to the countryside, you’ll visit one of the few farms that still make cheese the traditional way. You’ll also see windmills and the famous fishing villages of Volendam and Marken, where houses are built on stilts and you can find women wearing clogs.
Tag Archives: alkmaar cheese market
- The Insider’s Guide to Amsterdam May 10, 2012
- Spring Trip to Keukenhof Gardens February 27, 2011
- Sightseeing, Paintings & the Amsterdam Dungeon July 5, 2010
- Coffeeshops and the Red Light District in Amsterdam April 26, 2012
- Top 5 Places to Stay in Amsterdam February 16, 2012
- Nuit Blanche Amsterdam 2013 May 23, 2013
- Holland Festival May 16, 2013
- Best Day Trips from Amsterdam May 9, 2013
- Amsterdam in Spring April 25, 2013
- The Best Bars in Amsterdam April 11, 2013
- Verlie Goodenberger: what's up! I just want to give a huge thumbs up fo...
- Amish Shed: Appreciate it for this post, I am a big big fan of...
- Shahbaz Ahmed: Nice goooooooooooood...
- Terrance Nokleby: Establish a listing of the bistros you have enjoye...
- Shelby: Great job, it’s a great post. The info is good t...
alkmaar cheese market Amsterdam amsterdam attractions amsterdam bicycle tours amsterdam bus tours amsterdam canals dinner cruise amsterdam canals tour amsterdam city pass amsterdam culinary snack bike tour amsterdam day trips amsterdam dungeon Amsterdam events amsterdam festivals Amsterdam festivals and events amsterdam markets amsterdam museums Amsterdam pub crawl Amsterdam pubs Amsterdam Queens Day amsterdam red light district amsterdam sightseeing Amsterdam things do to amsterdam things to do amsterdam tours Amsterdam travel tips Amsterdam Winter Activities biking in Amsterdam Dutch Flowers holiday events i amsterdam city pass Keukenhof keukenhof gardens madame tussauds madurodam Netherlands Netherlands museums red light district rijksmuseum The Netherlands Things to Do Things to do Amsterdam things to do in amsterdam van gogh museum Viator Vondelpark