The colonial city of Paraty, in the western reaches of Rio de Janeiro state, is known for its rich history and awe-inspiring architecture. But every Brazilian winter brings with it a burst of intellectual excitement known as the Festa Literária Internacional de Paraty, or FLIP. This renowned annual international literary festival (this year’s edition ran […]
Category: Things To Do
July 7, 2014
Renowned for its beauty, and for having one of the most breathtaking waterfalls in the world, Iguaçu National Park spans an area of 185,262 lush hectares. Established in 1939, it is the second national park to be established in Brazil. Bordering Argentina in the Brazilian state of Paraná, the park features a tremendous amount of […]
June 30, 2014
Bonito sits in the heart of the Pantanal region, the world’s largest inland marsh with an area of around 75,000 square miles (195,000 square kilometers) in western Brazil, northern Paraguay, and eastern Bolivia. This stunning, one-of-a-kind ecosystem, protected as a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site and Biosphere Reserve, houses myriad strange and interesting flora and […]
June 27, 2014
Of São Paulo’s many varied and distinct neighborhoods, bustling Vila Madalena always tops the list when it comes to general merrymaking. The hilly, mostly residential district on the west side of town draws plenty of visitors from all over the city on evenings and weekends with its quirky assortment of eateries, watering holes, and even […]
June 22, 2014
Sandy beaches aside, the main selling point for visitors to Salvador da Bahia is its well-preserved and entrancing colonial district, Pelourinho. Colorfully ornate facades, grand bell towers, steep cobblestone streets and stately, bustling plazas stud the neighborhood, named for the pillory to which enslaved Africans were attached to be sold during Brazil’s nearly 400-year-long era […]
June 9, 2014
With nearly 140 million of its citizens adhering to Roman Catholicism, Brazil lays claim to the largest Catholic population on the planet. As such, churches are ubiquitous, and the lovely and popular colonial town of Paraty is dominated by several solemn, yet architecturally elaborate houses of worship. Interestingly, for most of Paraty’s history, church congregations […]
- Canoa Quebrada April 15, 2013
- Rio Gears Up for the World’s Biggest Party May 25, 2011
- Best Surf Spots in Brazil May 14, 2012
- Sao Paulo’s Iconic Minhocao Slated To Be Razed October 31, 2011
- Adventure Activities in Brazil August 20, 2012
- FLIP – Paraty International Literary Festival August 4, 2014
- Iguaçu National Park July 7, 2014
- Bonito’s Unique Flora June 30, 2014
- Sao Paulo Bar Crawl: Vila Madalena June 27, 2014
- Historic Pelourinho June 22, 2014
- Viator: Thank you for pointing that out!...
- José Barreto: The photo that you published is'n Canoa Quebrada b...
- click here: How about reaching much more people on Twitter? Th...
- Coleen Jahoda: Together with everything that appears to be develo...
- John Torturo: Buzios is really great destination!...
Brazil Things to Do Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.