Evocative and impressive at any time of year, the massive, well preserved ruins of Chichen Itza make for an unforgettable day trip into the world of the ancient Maya. The site upon which Chichen Itza stands has been occupied for millennia, thanks to the deep “cenotes,” or natural limestone wells, that provide a city’s worth of water during the long, dry, Yucatán summer. By 600 AD, it was one of the most powerful cities, planned along astronomical lines, in the Mayan Empire.
Tag Archives: ruins
- New Ferry from Tampa, Florida, to the Yucatan? May 3, 2012
- Tulum Hopes To Be Named One of Mexico’s “Pueblos Magicos” February 15, 2012
- Celebrate a Cosmic Spring Equinox at Chichen Itza June 30, 2011
- Save on top-rated Cancun Tours! February 1, 2012
- President Calderon Takes Us on a Guided Tour of the Yucatan and Beyond September 15, 2011
- What Not To Do in Cancun May 16, 2013
- Cancun Safety Tips May 2, 2013
- What to Eat in Cancun April 18, 2013
- Best Day Trips From Cancun April 4, 2013
- Cozumel Island March 21, 2013
- alvaro ramos: I work in fort lauderdale but my hometown is villa...
- alvaro ramos: Please, we need a ferry to cross the gulf whit my ...
- Maria Aviles: Please let me know when this cruises are going to ...
- Charlie Collins: Planning to spend time in Belize. Would definitly...
- Tom: We need to go back and forth at least 2x per year,...
2012 armageddon 2012 best of mexico cancun Cancun Attractions cancun day trips cancun events Cancun news Cancun Recommendations cancun sports Cancun Things To Do cancun travel tips cancun windsurfing chichen itza Cozumel emergency information festival formula experience hunting safari hurricane preparedness hurricanes Isla Mujeres laguna nichupte lionfish maya 2012 mayan Mayan Calendar mayan ruins Medical Tourism Mexico mexico things to do off the beaten path Outdoor adventures Mexico riviera maya Riviera Maya and the Yucatan ruins ruta maya tequila Things to do in Cancun Tour Cancun underwater museum UNESCO World Heritage Sites Whale Sharks world windsurfing championship yucatan