One of Hangzhou’s main contributions to Chinese culture is its production of the renowned Longjing, or “Dragon’s Well” green tea. Longjing, with its distinct aroma and savory yet crisp flavor, has been enjoyed since as early as the Ming Dynasty, when its top grade leaves were reserved exclusively for emperors.
The Muslim Quarter is another side to the historical city of Xi’an that you must see during your stay. Located behind the Drum Tower is the city’s and surrounding the Great Mosque on Huejue Lane is the center of Xi’an’s Chinese Muslim community, or the Muslim Quarter. Here, the streets are lined with restaurants, shops and […]
As one of China’s most historic cities and first international ports, Guangzhou enjoys a religious diversity not often found in China’s interior. One of the best ways to learn more about how all these religous came to China is by visiting some of the many religious sites in Guangzhou.
If you’re looking to get off the beaten path during your time in Xian, one of China’s most historically rich cities, consider taking a day trip to the Chen Lu Pottery Village, where generations of potters have been producing some of the nation’s most exquisite ceramic works ever since the Tang Dynasty.
Beautiful Hangzhou might be best known for its lake scenery, but it’s also a good place to learn more about Chinese religious diversity with visits to some of the many picturesque pagodas and temples of Hangzhou.
- Save 50% on Beijing and Great Wall Day Trips January 17, 2012
- How to Spend Two Weeks in China May 27, 2013
- Where to Go in China in Summer June 10, 2013
- Dalian, China’s Most Livable City June 17, 2013
- How to Avoid the Crowds at the Great Wall of China June 24, 2013
- Learning About Longjing Tea in Hangzhou July 31, 2014
- Exploring Xi’an’s Muslim Quarter July 31, 2014
- Religious Sites in Guangzhou June 23, 2014
- Chen Lu Pottery Village June 16, 2014
- Tea Culture in Chengdu June 9, 2014
- Tom: Great article, I didn't expect you can see so much...
- Viator: Hi! Sign up for our newsletter on the left-hand s...
- Kenyetta Turck: I will right away grasp your rss as I can not to f...
China Things to Do Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.