Costa Rica’s surf and party hub and the closest beach resort to San Jose, Jaco draws a steady stream of sunseekers and backpackers throughout the year, and the laid-back beach town entices many to stay much longer than intended. Whether you’re down to your last few colons or just looking to stretch out your trip, here are some ideas for free things to do in Jaco.
Category: Things To Do
June 26, 2014
Fresh produce is the mainstay of Costa Rican cuisine and wherever you are in the country, you’ll find farmers markets heaped with a rainbow of fruits and vegetables, and bustling mercados selling everything from local handicrafts to cut-price clothing. But market shopping in San Jose is not just about picking up a bargain – it’s also a cultural experience where you can mingle with the locals, joke with vendors as you haggle over souvenirs and sample a smorgasbord of local delicacies.
June 12, 2014
With its mind-boggling geographic diversity, the entire country of Costa Rica could be classed as a natural wonder, so picking out its most memorable highlights is no easy feat. Choosing from 26 National Parks and an endless landscape of cloud forests, volcanic peaks, rainforests, beaches and wetlands, here are just 6 of Costa Rica’s natural wonders.
May 29, 2014
With so much to see and do in Costa Rica, we wanted to be sure to make the best use of our limited time. The Arenal Volcano and Hot Springs Day Trip from San Jose was a great way to see a big chunk of the country in one day.
May 15, 2014
The busy capital might not be the highlight of most Costa Rican itineraries, but with its central location and excellent transport links, San Jose makes a prime base for exploring the country’s varied landscapes. From ziplining through a cloud forest to climbing an active volcano, there are plenty of adventures to be had on day trips from San Jose – here are some of the top choices.
April 17, 2014
With a surfeit of bars, nightclubs and casinos, and everything from salsa to hip hop blasting out after dark, those looking to enjoy Costa Rica’s unique nightlife will find everything they need in San Jose.
- Big Beer Flavor at Costa Rica’s Tiny Microbrews March 9, 2012
- Top Beaches in Costa Rica December 1, 2011
- Sea Turtles in Costa Rica August 25, 2011
- New Year’s Eve in Costa Rica December 13, 2012
- Forbes Names Manuel Antonio as One of the World’s Most Beautiful Parks September 22, 2011
- Free Things to Do in Jaco July 24, 2014
- Market Shopping in San Jose June 26, 2014
- 6 of Costa Rica’s Natural Wonders June 12, 2014
- Viator’s Arenal Volcano and Hot Springs Day Trip from San Jose May 29, 2014
- Day Trips From San Jose May 15, 2014
- Lisa Hine: Im staying at Sugar Beach Hotel, June 24-july 1. ...
- Jeff Dobbins: This was great! Now I very much want to experience...
- Dorian Lafosse: Cheers a thousand on your inspiring posts....
- Real: Wonderful article! Sea Turtles in Costa Rica : Tra...
- Luis: Now also the first homebrew shop of Costa Rica. L...
Costa Rica Things to Do Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.