Voted the European Capital of Culture back in 2008 and home to the largest collection of national museums outside of London, Liverpool is well deserved of its status as the cultural center of the north. From discovering the city’s rich maritime heritage to walking in the footsteps of The Beatles, here are Liverpool’s top museums and galleries.
Category: Things To Do
August 15, 2014
If you’re looking to discover the English countryside, there are few better locations than the Lake District, with 885 square miles of rolling hills, wildflower-filled valleys and, more than a dozen of England’s most spectacularly situated lakes. A natural stomping ground for adventurers and the ideal spot to escape the city, there are outdoor activities in the Lake District to suit all ages and fitness levels. Here are few ideas.
August 8, 2014
Hiking in Wales presents no end of challenges – scaling a snow-capped peak or battling the elements on a steep coastal cliff – but also plenty of tranquil moments – rambling through fields of wild daffodils or stopping for tea at a picture-perfect country pub. Best of all is the sheer variety – long-distance trails stretching the length of the country, challenging day hikes, easy coastal walks and family-friendly woodland trails.
June 25, 2014
Arguably the world’s most famous and prestigious long-distance cycling event, the Tour de France has been a mainstay on the sporting calendar since 1903, with more than 20 teams competing for the coveted top prize and the 21 day-long ‘stages’ clocking up an impressive 3,500 kilometers. Watching the Tour de France has long been a popular pastime in France, with enormous crowds turning out to cheer on the 180-plus cyclists along the route, but this year, fans can also follow the Tour de France in England, as the 2014 event kicks off on the other side of the Channel.
June 20, 2014
One of England’s most important ports and the one-time European Capital of Culture, modern-day Liverpool has come a long way since its 1960s heyday, and these days the city has much more to boast about than being the home of the Beatles. From exploring the historic Mersey riverfront to browsing cutting-edge art at the legendary Tate Gallery, here are a few ideas for how to spend one day in Liverpool.
June 13, 2014
London might be the culinary capital of England, but if you’re looking to try some quintessentially British cuisine, head to the north, where the locals are rightly proud of their traditional fare. From time-honored recipes to teatime treats; here’s your guide to what to eat and drink in York.
- Whitstable – A Place for Oysters in England May 18, 2012
- Stonehenge and Salisbury April 20, 2012
- The Moors of Yorkshire February 22, 2013
- Tips for Visiting England in Summer May 31, 2013
- 5 Beautiful Destinations in England September 8, 2011
- Liverpool’s Top Museums and Galleries August 22, 2014
- Outdoor Activities in the Lake District August 15, 2014
- Hiking in Wales August 8, 2014
- Following the Tour de France in England June 25, 2014
- How to Spend One Day in Liverpool June 20, 2014
- George Meer: Leeds is in West Yorkshire, not south....
- natalia harris: Nice tips. These are very interesting tips to enjo...
- Ramada Inn & Suites Clearwater: Great share! You have beautifully written this pos...
- Faith Doyle: looking for tour on september 1, 2012 from Southam...
- Faith Doyle: Looking for tour of Stonehenge and Salisbury from ...
England Things to Do Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.