In Hong Kong there is so much to see and do that you may not know where to start!
To help you out, below is a list of the top 10 things to do in Hong Kong.
- Take in the Views from the Peak - Not only do you get jaw-dropping views of Hong Kong and its incredible harbor, you also get to ride the Peak Tram, a 120-year-old funicular railway, to the top!
- Trundle Through the City by Tram - Experience the city at a relaxed pace on the tramway. You can travel the length of the island (from Kennedy Town in the west to Shau Kei Wan in the east) for just HK$2!
- Ferry across the Harbor - Some of the best travel experiences are the cheapest and the most functional and catching the Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour is no exception. For just HK$2.50 you can take in the city’s famous views as you ferry between the two islands.
- Shop at Temple Street Night Market - Shop for trinkets and chow down on weird and wonderful dishes at Kowloon’s fascinating Temple Street market.
- Travel Without Moving - Hong Kong’s escalator system is the longest of its kind in the world. This wacky and futuristic mode of human transport will whisk you to the Mid-levels – a vertical climb of 443ft (135m).
- Sip Tea at the Peninsula - Whether you’ve come for high tea in The Lobby or a cocktail in the Peninsula Bar, this 80-year-old hotel is a nostalgic trip back to the days of British Hong Kong.
- Gorge on Egg Tarts - Wobbly on the inside, crunchy on the outside, Hong Kong’s egg tarts are as famous as its harbor.
- Shop, Shop, Shop - From knock-off watches at Temple Street to designer threads in the mega malls, Hong Kong is every shopper’s dream.
- Check out Chungking - More than 5,000 people call Chungking Mansions home and they are popular with anyone seeking a grittier, less homogenized view of the city.
- Lap Up the Views on Finance St - You needn’t be a millionaire to enjoy the million-dollar-views from the rooftop of Central’s waterfront mall.