The world is fascinated by the Titanic. I suppose that originated with the statement that the ship was unsinkable. Perhaps there is that human need to understand why something we thought was true was so quickly disproven, how we could be so wrong, and how once again nature could overwhelm our attempts to tame it. There are Titanic movies, Titanic books, attempts to raise the real Titanic and of course Titanic theme nights. I once saw a Titanic-themed restaurant in Melbourne, Australia – you couldn’t get geographically further away from the real ship if you tried.
- Things to See in Galway Ireland January 19, 2012
- The Ring of Kerry September 30, 2011
- The Electric Picnic August 26, 2011
- Ireland in Winter January 17, 2013
- Hiking in Connemara National Park February 14, 2013
- Best Day Trips from Belfast May 16, 2013
- The UNESCO World Heritage Prehistoric Site at Newgrange May 14, 2013
- The Murals of Belfast May 13, 2013
- How to Spend One Week in Ireland May 9, 2013
- The Historic Seaside Town of Kinsale May 2, 2013
- nokia 1202: It is really a great and helpful piece of info. I ...
- Susan Byron: Nice article Philippa, perhaps your readers might ...
- Mr WordPress: Hi, this is a comment.To delete a comment, just lo...
aran islands Belfast Belfast Titanic Belfast Titanic Festival best chowder in Ireland camping christmas Cliffs of Moher Connemara County Clare Dingle Peninsula Doolin Dublin Day Trips electric picnic Galway Galway travel Gap of Dunloe giant's causeway glastonbury Hiking Trails in Ireland Ireland ireland attractions Ireland Boyne Valley Ireland castles Ireland cities Ireland day trips ireland festival Ireland outdoor activities ireland sightseeing ireland things to do Ireland Travel Ireland UNESCO World Heritage Sites Killarney ring of kerry santa steam trains stradbally estate The Burren Things to do on the Dingle Peninsula things to eat in Ireland Titanic Viator what to pack for ireland Where to go in ireland Wicklow