The Roundhouse is an icon of London music and performance. Located in Chalk Farm, the stunning round brick building dating to 1847 was originally a railway engine workshop, built round so trains could turn around inside. By the 1930s it was abandoned and became derelict, becoming home to a theatre company in the 1960s. The Doors played their only UK show here in 1968. But even this sort of history couldn’t save it from the closing during the 1980s when getting rich was much more popular than local theatre. Luckily in the mid-90s someone again saw the value of the place, bought it, and reopened the doors, giving it a major facelift in 2004.
Tag Archives: London music
September 13, 2011
- Tips for Riding the London Tube May 14, 2013
- Things To Do This Week in London May 12, 2013
- What Not to Do in London May 9, 2013
- Kensington Palace June 7, 2011
- Chelsea Flower Show April 15, 2011
- How to Score Last Minute Tickets for the Olympics July 19, 2012
- home page: Thanks a lot for the post.Thanks Again. Much oblig...
- home page: I really enjoy the blog.Really thank you...
- limos: Everybody Hello, from Hidden Hills, California I w...
big ben british museum buckingham palace double-decker bus tour england England Things to do Greenwich guided tours harrod's harry potter tour hop-on hop-off tours London london attractions london christmas london day trips london deals London events London festivals and events london landmarks london markets london museums London Olympics London restaurants london rock music tour london shopping london sightseeing london theater london things to do london tours london winter london zoo madame tussaud's wax museum olympics Queen's Diamond Jubilee st. paul's cathedral stonehenge stonhenge day trip from london Stratford-upon-Avon thames river The Shard things to do in london tower of london Viator westminster abbey windsor castle