One of my favorite churches in London is St Martin in the Fields. It sits on the edge of Trafalgar Square opposite the National Gallery and it’s so pretty and, to me, just so London. Probably because of its location, which makes it symbolize the city for me. The 1726 church is very pretty from the outside and surprisingly plain inside, but there’s been a church on this site since at least 1222.
Tag Archives: st martins in the field
- Tours from Paris to London May 21, 2013
- Tips for Riding the London Tube May 14, 2013
- Things To Do This Week in London May 12, 2013
- Kensington Palace June 7, 2011
- Chelsea Flower Show April 15, 2011
- How to Score Last Minute Tickets for the Olympics July 19, 2012
- home page: Thanks a lot for the post.Thanks Again. Much oblig...
- home page: I really enjoy the blog.Really thank you...
- limos: Everybody Hello, from Hidden Hills, California I w...
big ben british museum buckingham palace double-decker bus tour england England Things to do Greenwich guided tours harrod's harry potter tour hop-on hop-off tours London london attractions london christmas london day trips london deals London events London festivals and events london landmarks london markets london museums London Olympics London restaurants london rock music tour london shopping london sightseeing london theater london things to do london tours london winter london zoo madame tussaud's wax museum olympics Queen's Diamond Jubilee st. paul's cathedral stonehenge stonhenge day trip from london Stratford-upon-Avon thames river The Shard things to do in london tower of london Viator westminster abbey windsor castle