Miami‘s iconic hotels have more than their share of luxurious, fun, and unusual swimming pools. Here are a few that are especially worth visiting, whether it’s to cool off, lounge around, or just soak up the Florida rays.
- The Delano Hotel: They actually call their pool and orchard area a “Water Salon,” and for good reason: it’s got underwater music, butlers to wait on guests in the cabanas, and even a space for “floating and meditating.” Harry Potter fans will enjoy the oversized chessboard.
- Marriott Doral Golf Resort and Spa: Two words: Blue Lagoon. This network of pools is large enough to warrant an actual map with location points for what’s where (seriously, they have a marked legend posted at the entrance to help you out). This pool has bridges, palm trees, waterfalls, lily pads, a “Tad Pool” for kids and a 125-foot Blue Monster Slide for everyone. Yeah, that’s a fun afternoon.
- The Raleigh: A legendary design that’s been featured in movies and magazines alike. This pool is – despite the overuse of the word – truly luxurious, especially as the sun’s going down. It’s got good cocktails and a classy vibe. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim doesn’t happen just anywhere, you know…
- Shore Club: This place has two infinity pools and “custom tufted beds” with hand-painted pillows enclosed by sheer white curtains. You can enjoy the Rumbar with 75 different kinds of rum and the Sandbar with, well, sand. It all pretty much speaks for itself, really.
- Fontainebleau: European-style pools, sexy pools, kid-friendly pools, dipping pools, wading pools, beach-style entry pools. VIP cabanas, each with a flat-screen TV, wireless internet, and mini-fridge. And, very close by, a much larger and saltier Atlantic Ocean pool.
So if you’re heading to Miami: try not to forget your swimsuit!