When in Rome it’s tempting and very easy to stay in the Centro Storico, the historic center. But as they say, when in Rome do as the Romans do, which means you need to cross the river and head to Trastevere. This is the heart of real contemporary Rome. Trastevere is the place the city’s inhabitants come in the evenings, to the bars and restaurants that give the narrow cobbled streets such vitality.
Tag Archives: Rome off the beaten path
- [CONTEST] Win 2 tickets for a Viator VIP tour of the Sistine Chapel! April 6, 2015
- The Aurelian Walls of Rome April 6, 2015
- Take Viator With You – Download Our Insider’s Guide to Rome March 24, 2015
- What Not to Do in Rome December 19, 2012
- Celebrate Easter with the Pope March 26, 2011
- [CONTEST] Win Tickets to a Rome Christmas Day Walking Tour! December 7, 2011
- Sue: I was in Rome for Christmas and New Year Eve 2011....
- Jennifer: Sergio may persist in his idea that Christian pers...
- Jean-Francois: Don't park your car under the trees along the Tibr...
ancient rome borghese gallery florence Italy pompeii Pope private tour guides rm1 Rome rome attractions rome autumn rome christmas rome contest rome day trips Rome eating and drinking Rome festivals and events Rome food rome food tours Rome free things to do rome giveaway Rome history rome holidays rome monuments Rome neighborhoods rome sightseeing rome spring Rome Summer rome things to do Rome top attractions rome tours Rome tours & activities Rome tours and activities rome travel deal Rome travel tips rome unforgettable experiences Rome views rome weather rome winter sistine chapel st. peters basilica Things to do Trevi Fountain Tuscany vatican Vatican City