When in Rome it’s tempting and very easy to stay in the Centro Storico, the historic center. But as they say, when in Rome do as the Romans do, which means you need to cross the river and head to Trastevere. This is the heart of real contemporary Rome. Trastevere is the place the city’s inhabitants come in the evenings, to the bars and restaurants that give the narrow cobbled streets such vitality.
Tag Archives: Rome off the beaten path
- Rome Exclusive: Rooftop Dinner & Colosseum Night Tour April 22, 2014
- Secrets of Rome: Trevi Fountain Bathers & Coin Throwers April 21, 2014
- What to Eat in Rome: Fried Artichokes April 14, 2014
- Celebrate Easter with the Pope March 26, 2011
- What Not to Do in Rome December 19, 2012
- Criminal Museum in Rome April 30, 2012
- Jean-Francois: Don't park your car under the trees along the Tibr...
- Jean-Francois: Don't take a swim in the Tibre river....
- Genia Holes: Good site! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes ...
ancient rome borghese gallery coliseum dan brown florence gladiator school hop-on hop-off tours illuminati Italy pompeii Pope private tour guides Rome rome attractions rome autumn rome catacombs rome christmas rome contest rome day trips Rome eating and drinking Rome festivals and events Rome food Rome free things to do rome giveaway rome guided tours rome holidays rome monuments Rome neighborhoods rome sightseeing rome spring Rome Summer rome things to do Rome top attractions rome tours Rome tours and activities rome travel deal Rome travel tips rome weather rome winter sistine chapel st. peters basilica Things to do Trevi Fountain vatican Vatican City