No matter how you’re hoping to ring in 2014, San Francisco’s got you covered. There’s always an abundance of special New Year’s Eve events to choose from, and this year is no different. Take your pick from the many glamorous galas, costume parties, and annual events featuring DJs and bottle service, or find something a little less fancy.
Never a city to shy away from a party, here are some of the most popular options for celebrating New Year’s Eve in San Francisco:
- Don your favorite mask and ball gown for the New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball with the San Francisco Symphony at Davies Symphony Hall. Enjoy a night filled with music, dancing, and a bubbly toast to start the new year.
- Join thousands of your people for one of the biggest parties in the city, some of San Francisco best DJs, bottle service, and a massive balloon drop at historic San Francisco City Hall for NYE City Hall.
- Find a gala at one of the many beautiful hotels in the city and book a room. Then there’s nothing to worry about beyond ringing in the new year right. From The Fairmont’s New Year’s Eve Extravaganza to the Palace Hotel’s International Ball, there are lots of great options for a safe night on the town!
- Bundle up, and check out the city’s annual free Midnight Fireworks along the Embarcadero. The best spots for viewing are typically south of the Ferry Building from Mission to Folsom since the fireworks are set off from barges off of Pier 14. Bring hot chocolate or a hot toddy, and stay warm from the inside out while watching some of the best fireworks around.
San Francisco can serve as the perfect setting to enjoy the end of 2013 and to ring in a wonderful new year, however you choose to celebrate it!
- Contributed by Angela Petersen