Among the world’s largest sporting events, The Ryder Cup has long been the highlight of the golfing season, and what better place to host the prestigious competition than Scotland, the home of golf and the host of the first ever Ryder Cup back in 1921. In 2014, the biennial tournament returns to the grand King’s Course at Gleneagles, with Europe defending their 2012 win against the USA and 24 of the world’s greatest golfers turning out for the tournament, led by team captains Paul McGinley (Europe) and Tom Watson (U.S).
Category: Things To Do
August 26, 2014
For budget travelers, Glasgow makes an affordable alternative to Edinburgh and there are plenty of free things to do in Glasgow. Here are a few ideas.
August 12, 2014
It might be best known as the capital of the Scottish Highlands and the gateway to the North, but Inverness is also a lively destination in its own right and the city boasts a busy schedule of seasonal events. From Celtic sporting traditions to summer music festivals, here are some of the best festivals and events in Inverness.
August 5, 2014
Summertime might be the city’s busiest time of year, but visiting Glasgow in autumn is an ideal time to avoid the crowds, experience some of Scotland’s most unique arts and cultural events, and bag a bargain.
July 21, 2014
Glasgow might be Scotland’s largest city, but the sprawling city center is still easy enough to navigate. To help you find your way, here are a few tips for how to get around in Glasgow.
July 15, 2014
Scotland might be better known for its windswept peaks and rugged coastal cliffs, than its sunny beaches and holiday resorts, but the northern half of the UK is still an idyllic place to spend the summer months. From joining the festivities at the world’s biggest arts festival to island hopping around the coast, these are some of Scotland’s best summer destinations.
- Top Mountain Biking Trails in Scotland February 14, 2012
- Olympics Football in Hampden Park July 24, 2012
- Discovering Ancient Glasgow May 6, 2014
- Top Creative Events in Scotland 2012 March 13, 2012
- Attending the Highland Games in Scotland August 13, 2013
- The Ryder Cup in Scotland September 1, 2014
- Free Things to Do in Glasgow August 26, 2014
- Festivals and Events in Inverness August 12, 2014
- Visiting Glasgow in Autumn August 5, 2014
- How to Get Around in Glasgow July 21, 2014
- Jennifer: Great article! Very informative and well written....
- you like hits: I've been exploring for a little for any high qual...
- Mature: 2.IT abilities: comprehension of what techniques c...
- Fletcher Wittmeyer: Hi, this is a great blog well done! It's a pleasur...
Scotland Things to Do Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.