Don’t be misled by the name, this cove has nothing to do with the sea, and is a trick of language, cove being the old Scots word for cave. Gilmerton Cove in Scotland then, is actually a cave. Or rather, it is a series of caves, a house actually, with three bedrooms, dug 100 feet into the ground underneath Gilmerton, once a village but now a suburb of Edinburgh. No one really knows how the cave dwelling got to be there.
Tag Archives: Gilmerton Cove
- Olympics Football in Hampden Park July 24, 2012
- Top Creative Events in Scotland 2012 March 13, 2012
- Top Mountain Biking Trails in Scotland February 14, 2012
- Loch Lomond July 26, 2011
- Iona Island in the Hebrides October 22, 2012
- Things to Do in Inverness May 15, 2013
- Palace of Holyroodhouse May 14, 2013
- How to Spend One Week in Scotland May 14, 2013
- Things to Do in Inverness May 7, 2013
- Scotland in Spring April 23, 2013
- you like hits: I've been exploring for a little for any high qual...
- Mature: 2.IT abilities: comprehension of what techniques c...
- Fletcher Wittmeyer: Hi, this is a great blog well done! It's a pleasur...
art best golf in scotland Biking in Scotland Charles Rennie Macintosh christmas in scotland Edinburgh Things to Do Gilmerton Cove Glasgow Bars Glasgow Restaurants golf history Golfing highlands history holiday event Isle of Skye Kate Middleton Kelvingrove Museum Loch Ness Loch Ness Monster muirfield golf Prince William royal scottish academy royal troon golf club Scotland scotland attractions Scotland Festivals Scotland food Scotland islands Scotland Lakes Scotland natural wonders scotland recommednations Scotland recommendations Scotland Things to Do Scotland tours Scotland wildlife and nature scottish highlands sir walter scott st. andrews links St Andrews tartan The Scottish Highlands turnberry resort Viator Willow Tea Rooms winter activities