The Scots are a hardy bunch. The landscape they inhabit is wild and harsh, especially during those northern winters; those who live on the islands are particularly close to nature in all its beauty and wrath. But in summer, there are long, halcyon days of sunlight and outdoor activities in spectacular landscapes: walking, sailing, swimming, and island-hopping. If you decide to make the trek—and it is well worth it—here are a few of the best to visit.
Tag Archives: Isle of Skye
- Top Creative Events in Scotland 2012 March 13, 2012
- Top Mountain Biking Trails in Scotland February 14, 2012
- Olympics Football in Hampden Park July 24, 2012
- The Hebrides Islands March 12, 2013
- Cairngorm Mountains February 11, 2013
- Tips for Things to Do in Oban, Scotland June 18, 2013
- Traveling by Ferry in Scotland June 11, 2013
- Tips for Visiting the Orkney Islands June 4, 2013
- Glasgow vs. Edinburgh May 26, 2013
- Alloway: Birthplace of Robert Burns May 22, 2013
- you like hits: I've been exploring for a little for any high qual...
- Mature: 2.IT abilities: comprehension of what techniques c...
- Fletcher Wittmeyer: Hi, this is a great blog well done! It's a pleasur...
art best golf in scotland Biking in Scotland Charles Rennie Macintosh christmas in scotland Edinburgh Things to Do Glasgow Glasgow Bars Glasgow Restaurants golf history Golfing highlands history holiday event Isle of Skye Kate Middleton Kelvingrove Museum Loch Ness Loch Ness Monster muirfield golf Prince William royal scottish academy royal troon golf club Scotland scotland attractions Scotland Festivals Scotland food Scotland islands Scotland Lakes Scotland natural wonders scotland recommednations Scotland recommendations Scotland Things to Do Scotland tours Scotland wildlife and nature scottish highlands sir walter scott st. andrews links St Andrews tartan The Scottish Highlands turnberry resort Viator Willow Tea Rooms winter activities