The Alicante region between the Eastern plateau of Spain and the Mediterranean Sea is home to many treasured wineries in and around Valencia. Take a trip along newly opened Yecla Wine Trail to discover the revitalized taste of the famed local 100 year old monastrell vines, now said to yield fleshy, concentrated complex wines. Once the bastion of sweet and fortified wines, Alicante has done much to modernize and improve upon the infrastructure of the vineyards and wineries. The Yecla wine trail gathers hotels, restaurants and winemakers together in a cultural experience that will give you a taste of the nectar of the gods from this special locality. The region is spread over 14,000 hectares, with 12 million litres of wine produced each year by the 50 vineyards (Bodegas).
Tag Archives: yecla wine trail
- Swim Like a Star in the Mar Menor May 21, 2012
- Murcia: A Peek into the Future December 19, 2011
- Wine Tasting in the Rioja Region of Spain July 2, 2012
- Madrid in Pictures October 24, 2011
- The Biggest New Year’s Eve Celebrations in Spain December 17, 2012
- Spain in Summer May 20, 2013
- Things to Do in Zaragoza May 13, 2013
- Cruise Ports in Spain May 6, 2013
- Football in Spain April 23, 2013
- Visiting Andorra April 22, 2013
- http://www.west-point.org: I’m not that much of a internet reader to be h...
- Colette Bannister: The mar menor is a fantastic place to visit with s...
- Somanabolic: I like your theme. Will be checking it out to see ...
- david: amazing article! thanx!...
Andalucia Barcelona Barcelona things to do Bilbao galicia Gibraltar Granada La Rioja Madrid Madrid Museums madrid things to do Malaga Morocco murcia Pamplona Ribera del Duero Seville Seville things to do spain Spain art and architecture spain attractions Spain beaches Spain best of lists Spain churches Spain day trips Spain eating and drinking Spain festivals and events Spain free things to do Spain history Spain holidays Spain markets Spain museums Spain nightlife Spain outdoor activites Spain outdoor activities Spain parks and gardens Spain skiing Spain things to do Spain top attractions Spain travel tips Spain wine Spain wine tasting Spanish wine Valencia Valencia things to do