Situated on the Swiss-Italian border, the so-called “hundred valleys” train line known as the Centovalli Railway is an excellent bet for a day trip or weekend excursion. The trip to Locarno on Lake Maggiore from Domodossola in Italy is among the most memorable and picturesque means of entering Switzerland. During the trip (a minimum of two hours each way), you’ll see beautiful chestnut forests, jagged cliffs and gorges, rushing waterfalls, vineyards, monasteries and quaint villages. What you won’t see are the spectacular bridges that make passage along the vertiginous route possible, but then, you can’t have everything.
Tag Archives: italy things to do
- Top Bern Attractions November 11, 2011
- Exploring Gruyères, Home of the Famous Swiss Cheese July 6, 2012
- Wine Tasting in Lavaux March 8, 2013
- Best Places to Go with Kids in Switzerland March 1, 2013
- What Not to Do in Switzerland February 15, 2013
- Best Day Trips from Lucerne May 24, 2013
- Ela Park (Parc Ela) May 23, 2013
- How to Spend One Week in Switzerland May 10, 2013
- Best Day Trips From Geneva May 3, 2013
- Scenic Train Rides in Switzerland April 26, 2013
- filipino cupid: awesome blog ! thanks....
- cindie: Just passing some time in between class on Ezine a...
augusta raurica Austria bern biking in Switzerland Boating Castles Château de Chillon day trips fondue geneva Germany Good for Families gruyeres Hiking hiking in Switzerland hiking in the Alps historical towns Lake Constance Lake Geneva Lake Zurich libraries Lucerne mountain towns Mt. Pilatus Picnic Spot Rapperwil restaurants Swimming Swiss nature tours swiss villages switzerland Switzerland Attractions Switzerland Day Trips Switzerland Festivals Switzerland food Switzerland Hiking Switzerland Lake Activites Switzerland Sightseeing Switzerland Things to Do viator Winterthur Winterthur attractions world literature library Zurich Zurich day trips