Experience this beautiful city without blowing your budget. Here’s our Top 10 free Sydney experiences:
3. Spend a day at the Royal Botanical Gardens. There are free, guided walks every day at 10.30am.
4. Go swimming in one of 30 ocean pools that dot the Sydney coastline.
5. Take a guided tour at the Art Gallery of NSW and the Museum of Contemporary Art.
6. Experience the Sydney Sculpture Walk, a two-hour self-guided walk through the city’s parks.
7. Spend a day at Darling Harbour. The National Maritime Museum is free to visit and there are often free performances around the harbour.
8. Look out at the fabulous city views from Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair on the eastern point of the Royal Botanical Gardens.
9. Explore the Rocks Discovery Museum: learn about the areas history and the lives of early settlers.
10. Relax at the Customs House. This heritage building is a free space for relaxing and learning more about the city. The library has a good children’s collection and there are often free events here.