Yanaka survived almost entirely unscathed from the wars and natural disasters of the twentieth-century. Today, it feels like the charming city remains in a bygone era.
Tokyo is known more for robots and skyscrapers than it is sand and surf, but there are a handful of beaches near the high-tech metropolis. In the dog days of a Tokyo summer, a day trip to a nearby beach is a life saver.
It’s clear that travelers love Tokyo – and for good reason. Here are 12 reasons why we think Tokyo is the best city in the world to visit.
There are countless reasons why Tokyo is the greatest city in the world to visit, and one of them is how kid-friendly it can be. Sure, some of the highlights of a trip to Tokyo aren’t designed for children – like shopping and the nightlife. But a lot of Tokyo’s attractions not only allow children but welcome them warmly. Here are some of the best kid friendly activities in Tokyo.
- New Year’s Eve in Tokyo December 12, 2013
- Where to Find the Best Sushi in Tokyo July 5, 2012
- Tokyo Culture February 24, 2012
- Yoyogi Park in Shibuya-ku September 6, 2012
- The Waseda Shochiku Cinema in Takadanobaba October 25, 2012
- Tokyo’s Yanaka Neighborhood August 21, 2014
- Best Beaches Near Tokyo August 14, 2014
- Traditional Japanese Arts to Try on Your Trip August 7, 2014
- 12 Reasons Why Tokyo is the Best City in the World to Visit July 24, 2014
- Inokashira Park July 17, 2014
- Ray: The renovated Yushukan Museum on the grounds of th...
- Ray: Dear Emma You may want to inform your readers o...
- Lucy | gapyeardotcom: Thanks for the heads-up, i had no idea about the p...
- Angel | CNEholidays Singapore: If possible, a stroll around Akihabara would be ni...
- lee: if you think of it while on your adventure, throw ...
Tokyo Things to Do Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.