The local government of Siena have always been a progressive bunch – it was they who commissioned the famous cycle of three fresco paintings Allegory and Effects of Good and Bad Government for the walls of the Palazzo Publico (Town Hall) in the 14th century which were groundbreaking in their non-religious subject matter (you can still see these paintings today), and they continue to come up with good ideas in the 21st century.
Tag Archives: urban trekking
- The Medici Villas December 12, 2011
- See the Tuscan Countryside by the Nature Train March 22, 2012
- Wine Tasting in Tuscany August 16, 2011
- Food & Wine Festivals in Tuscany July 10, 2012
- Monte Forato: the Devil’s Mountain October 16, 2012
- Tuscany for Cruise Visitors May 14, 2013
- Tuscany in Spring April 16, 2013
- Radda in Chianti City Guide April 2, 2013
- 10 Things to Do in Pisa (Besides the Tower) March 19, 2013
- How to Spend One Perfect Day in Tuscany March 5, 2013
- Augustus Slocumb: good post...
- Orpha Yucha: Great browse you obtained there. I concur with mos...
- typical clues for great urban race: I am extremely impressed together with your writin...
- Keneth Saarela: I found your site very exciting. I've bookmarked i...
bagno Vignone christmastime cooking elba Florence florence day trips food holiday events islands Italy Italy things to do lucca Maremma medici villas napolean opera Pisa puccini relaxation renaissance San Gimignano Saturnia Saturnia Spa siena thermal springs tucany things to do Tuscany Tuscany attractions tuscany christmas tuscany day trips Tuscany eating and drinking Tuscany festivals Tuscany festivals and events Tuscany holidays Tuscany sightseeing tours Tuscany spas Tuscany things to do tuscany tours and activities Tuscany travel tips Tuscany wine Tuscany wine tours urban trekking Villa of Tuscany walking tours white truffle festival