The concept of a “White Night” has been steadly growing in popularity throughout Europe. It’s the one night a year when museums, galleries, and other major attractions stay open almost all night long and offer free admission to visitors. Venice finally joined the movement with their own Art Night Venezia, and it’s now an annual event.
Tag Archives: Venice free things to do
September 7, 2012
There are several boat races in the Venetian lagoon from May-September, and the last one of the season is the Burano Regatta – the Regata di Burano in Italian. Should you find yourself in Venice at the end of September, make a point to check out this historic race.
May 4, 2012
Venice is one of the cheaper cities to visit in Italy. This may sound strange given how expensive it is to stay within the historic center of Venice itself, but in terms of seeing the sights of the city, much of it can be done for free because the best thing about Venice is walking and discovering, and also the views along canals and across the lagoon. Here are some options and tips for free things to do in Venice.
There is something lovely around just about every corner in Venice.
December 2, 2011
It took me ages to find the Frari Church on my first visit to Venice. All those narrow streets and baffling maps. Or maybe I was just easily confused that day because most other people seem to find it okay. Anyway, once I got there it was worth the chase.
It has the second highest bell tower in the city after the San Marco campanile and has the status of cathedral or basilica, rather than just church. The brick exterior is nice though jaw-dropping, but once you step inside your life changes.
- Venice Carnival! February 3, 2012
- Voga alla Veneta: Traditional Stand-Up Rowing in Venice October 4, 2013
- Venetian Christmas November 22, 2013
- The Frari Church December 2, 2011
- Free Things to Do in Venice May 4, 2012
- Secrets of Venice: Venetian Courtesans August 22, 2014
- Il Redentore Church in Venice August 15, 2014
- Museo Civico Correr: Venice’s Civic Museum August 8, 2014
- Lesser-Known Islands of the Venice Lagoon July 25, 2014
- #1 Vaporetto Tour of Venice’s Grand Canal July 11, 2014
- Where to Spend Christmas in Italy | All Travel Best: [...] Read more about having a Venetian Christmas ...
- Karen: I've lived in Venice for several years now. To my ...
- Nan McElroy: Thank you, Jessica! We'd like everyone to know tha...
- JoAnn Locktov: The place where people can learn to row: http://ro...
- Denise Sens: Who won this contest? Before I book tours in Veni...
Venice Things To Do Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.